Sunday, October 10, 2010

Good Things As Rain Never Last

It is in downpour that I feel more alive
For only with rain do my emotions thrive
If not for the teardrops that flow through my soul
If not for the cold rain I wouldn't be whole

No need for promises, for rain wouldn't stay
Just give your warm hand for me to hold today
No time for the future, no room left for fear
For I'm used to losing the things I hold dear

I'm not asking for pity nor for disdain
No use for you to see me mourning in pain
If not for the blistering love that was true
I wouldn't be swamp, obliterate in blue

There's nothing left for me to cry a river
For things is like rain, may not last forever
I live for the moment, I lived for the past
I lived knowing good things as rain never last...

No comments:

Post a Comment