Airport goodbye scenes are never my favorite. Each farewell gets harder and harder to bear so let’s make a deal. I won’t say goodbye, instead I’ll say “later” because I don’t want to give this a sound of finality in it. I refuse to be defeated this way. We will see each other again, if not in this life, then in heaven. If I don’t say goodbye to you now, I will allow myself the luxury of thinking of you and not feeling guilty about it. That’s how I want it anyway. If we never get the chance to speak to each other again face to face, remember that my thoughts have never wandered far from you. Almost everything I see or hear or taste brings me back to you.
There was a time when I thought closure was what I needed in order to move on, whatever moving on entailed. I have come to realize that closure is just an illusion, and so is distance. The bonds we share bridges the distance between us, whether it is time, space, or dimension. My memories of you and how you have completed my existence will never fade from me. I will never need to say goodbye to you.
Only hellos and laters.
So, hello.
----
Sabi ni Kuya Brentot, parang bitin daw. Bitin talaga kasi di pa tapos yung kwento. *wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment