This is what I’ve learned about people: they have, in one way or another, always been meant to be strangers.
And this, right now, is something I have never learned just yet. Yet I know, one day, I finally will.
We are all meant to be strangers with each other. We are all meant to acquaint estrangement, in some end or another. It is something that's certain.
Remind yourself of that childhood best friend. It barely feels you’ve lived on the same plane of time even if you once knew each other so well. Remember that close friend in grade school who once promised of being your partner in crime. Remember the girl who promised to love you forever, platonically. Only the echo of her words and the smell of her perfume remain in the recesses of your memories. Try to picture the only person you would talk to when you were still fourteen. Only now, you picture that person talking only to a multitude of somebody else’s, somebodies that are never you, at least, presently.
And the truth is, that is how the world will always work. How the mechanics of relationships will be explicitly and simplistically defined.
Remind yourself of every little thing that was there and now gone hence, you'll comprehend better that:
We are and always, in one way or another, will be meant to be strangers.
No comments:
Post a Comment