Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions and Other Covenants

1. I will make my very first Blog Site (here it is)
2. I will never be late for class this year
3. I will focus on my study especially on my major subjects
4. I will manage my time more wisely
5. I will save up my money to buy the things that I want
6. I will read more books
7. More foods, less sleepless nights.
8. Less extroversion, more introversion
9. Less hang outs, more practical things
10. Notes before internet...

2009 had come to an end, this year hasn't been gone too well for me and for my family as well. Now, I look forward to a better 2010 that's why i make this compulsion to begin anew, to do things right, to make my life seem different. I wonder if you guys still believe in these things. As for me, despite the major overhauls I still cannot end the year without making at least one little promise to keep for the whole year round. The best part of this is when these wishes recorded for posterity and checking how many I'd been able to do. I never get to sleep early, wake up early, or even have sleepless nights without devouring foods at all. I don't feel any frustration for that. At least I definitely have something to work on for the next year.

Going over past NYR’s, it’s easy to see how much a person changes, how some priorities vanish and new ones crop up. It’s easy to tell which NYR’s are there simply to ensure that you will able to definitely keep one, even if it’s just one. Back in high school, it was easy enough to promise never to drink or smoke. College is an entirely different ballgame. You could have made a thousand promises back in high school but college, if you live it right, will change your life entirely.

I think the best part about the NYR game is that no matter what happens in the year to come, one should be good-humored enough about his/her stupidities. There shouldn't be too many regrets, if possible, none at all. I think it was Sören Kierkegaard who said that life must be lived forwards but understood backwards. I do agree with this, indeed. That we can never live a better life without looking back on our past. You know, they've all been a part of your life so you should think than lost somehow.

So maybe my NYR will be something that is lost in the drudgery and the routine, the long periods of doubt and uncertainty, loneliness and despair. I think it will just be love life and the mere fact that I'm actually living it here and now.

Sincerely,
Charles Rangel

No comments:

Post a Comment