Saturday, April 7, 2012

When it rains I find myself hoping, wishing and praying that it doesn’t stop. Especially when I’m strolling at the street alone, I love when it rains while I walk and there's no umbrella over me, that's for one reason alone. It reminds me of my childhood, devouring the feeling of how awesome it is to play with rain with your childhood friends.

And somehow it reminds me more of... you. The road's silent. Our hands clinging together like pieces of a puzzle, the perfect fit, resting on a couch as I stroked the back of your hand with my thumb. Our playlist on and the two of us in utter peace. We would talk about anything and everything it didn’t matter as long as I got to hear your voice and as long as I made you laugh, that beautiful distinct laugh I would recognize anywhere in the world. We held hands for so long that our hands became clammy and sweaty but I don’t think either of us could care any less, I was just as reluctant to let go as you were. And when you did let go, it was only to caress my palm before returning to holding my hand. Lying on a sofa I remember that night in perfect detail. When I get up and it is still raining, I’ll often sit for a minute or two and remember us sitting here, listening to the sound of the rain on the roof as we cuddled. I’ll remember the condensation forming on the windows, and how I drew the “I” onto the glass, and you finished it off with a “<3 U”. I remember the smile on your face, and how I could feel your heart rate quicken. It made me smile, the rain now always makes me smile. I remember your head on my lap, your eyes closed and me stroking your hair, I looked around and realized I couldn’t see out of the windows because of the condensation, it was like we were alone in the world. As I kissed you I knew the rain would always remind me of that night. I’ve always loved the rain, that night just renewed my love and gave me a memory that descends upon me like a drop of rain falling from the heavens.

And now, I miss it.

No, I miss.. you, us.

No comments:

Post a Comment