Monday, October 29, 2012

The Lapse

Sometimes, I get scared of giving in. Of opening myself, to be infiltrated and to be invaded, to be known and bare. I can't help but think of separation as a constant in our lives, and I wish I knew how to deal with it. Will it ever be possible to love someone without fearing both ties being cut painstakingly by time's knife?

The lapses lie there all the time, floating in mid-air, subtly causing an inevitable pain we think we can't manage to stand,but can. Our state of mind is jailed by our emotions, our hearts that never bleed dry, our hearts that never waste a beat.

The lapse of aloneness. The lapse of a newfound soul. The lapse of invisible fireworks in your touch, a dozen butterflies caged in your gut, and an infinite galaxy in your eyes.

The lapse of falling in. The lapse of togetherness. The lapse of falling out.

And the lapse of abysmal bliss and ignorance that lingers steadfastly, that feels like forever.

They lie there, and we refuse to believe they do.

"Sometimes, to forget easily is a gift." But then, I feel as if my memory is set to never forget things. Other times, I only feel my memory is set to never forget one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment