Friday, December 31, 2010

My Dear John Letter to 2010

Dear 2010,

This is the best way to cap off the year, to say goodbye to the things that was never meant to be and was never mine to begin with.

But first off I'd like to thank you for the grandiose things that you've brought into my life. You gave me another achievement award in school by bagging honors in different fields. You gave me things I never thought that I needed, and well you gave me a lot of good times that made this year painstakingly memorable. So for that I whole-heartedly thank you. I'd also like to say that you were kind of a bitch for taking away (not literally) those persons and things which I love and fancy.
Still thank you for everything.

You know, I've never really understood what happened between us; how and why you just had to screw with my head so much, what did I ever do to you? Here I was trying to live a peaceful life then you just had to go ahead and screw it all up. What's up with that? I mean why did you have to change all of that at certain periods of time when you know for a fact that more often than not I have good intentions? Why would you make me do things that I've never done before? Why do you constantly bring my hopes up then thump it down right after I'm starting to feel a semblance of happiness? I'm pretty much glad that I'm just writing this for you because surely I don't know what I'd do to you if I ever bumped into you again judging from the fact that I've already learned all the lessons you wanted to inflict in my brain and that has been enough. I'm glad that you and I are done. I just want you to know that when you and I started I treated you with the utmost respect and you just dismantle it away.

Now, I'm letting you go with smile painted on my lips notwithstanding all the bad things you've made me feel. I've finally accepted that this is the way things would have to be, that I should look forward to 2011's new life. I must admìt you probably won't be too far away from my thoughts and that thinking of you will still bring that tinge of sadness and joy.

Few minutes hence, you and I are over. I'mma let you finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment