Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Dear Holy Tuesday Letter to God

Dear God,

Do you have a minute or two? I know you're probably busy with your heavenly and religious affairs, especially now it's holy week. But I really think we should talk.

It's been 357 days and 51 weeks since the day you called up my dearest lola with you, in heavens. It was one holy tueasday afternoon April 7, 2009; approximately 12:30 PM. She was gone from this cruel world with no concrete signs at all. The whole family were all shocked, can't try to figure out the incident.

I was totally amazed how did it happened. It's amazing how much of an emotional roller coaster a wake can be; family, friends and the like were all mourning; weeping to what had been. But now, I'd really like to think that she's in a better place with you Lord God, therefore her upcoming first death anniversary should be a cause for celebration, that she's now free from all the sufferings a cruel world can give. God, I know for a certain fact that I wasn't the only one who thought of this as well, but how do I honestly expect to be happy knowing that I'll never get to bond with her again, knowing that I won't hear her voice, her laugh, or see her face again? Even if I know that she is in a better place it's still undoubtedly one of the most difficult thing I can do. Remembering all of the good things with lola made me realize how much I missed her.

Alas, I know that possibly a million people could view my letter for you God (I highly doubt it) but God, I scribble down all these thoughts here to tell the world how much I love and miss my lola since the day you called up her soul on earth.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." - Closing Time, Semisonic.

No matter how much we love a person, we always have to say goodbye is just one of many life cycle. Life is a matter of touch and go. We tend to say goodbye so that we can go on and maybe to have a brand new start. For my Lola, Socorro I might feel melancholic for her but it could be better for her to stay that way. I know she's probably enjoying her stay up there, in your table God, in heavens.

Aah, wait a minute, God here's my wish: please tell my Lola about this and on the day I die, give St. Peter and his rooster a day off. I wouldn't want to meet him at the gates; I want to see you there. Before you send me to my final destination -- wherever that is -- I'd like to hear what you have to say. That should be interesting.

Sincerely,
Charles Moses Rangel
A.K.A. geekycharlie

No comments:

Post a Comment