Doc, I know your busy with your medical affairs but I have a problem, don't know if it's really a problem, but listen anyway.
You see, I'm incapable to miss people - those who are dearly too closed to me. I'm not the type of person who would say things when I don't mean them, so I've never really told a person "Hey, I missed you," when I see them after the longest time. Why? Simply, I didn't miss them.
Which brings me to an inquiry. When people say they miss or missed you, do they really mean it, or is it just one of the statements of endearment to preserve bonds with a friend?
If your going to ask me if I miss my high school friends whom I became close with. I unlike, any other, don't. When they tell me at once they missed me. I just smile. I never reply "I missed you, too." I know we've done doofus and hilarious things back then, ranging from a simple mockery to bully-thing, but there's cliché alert. I miss the times, the activities; not them.
Let me make it clear, Doc, that I am prevailing to be incapable of missing people. Humans, among any other life-bearing animals. When my grandma died last year after her horrendous asthma attack, there were tears in my eyes. I was mournful at that time. For about a month or two, I was depressed over the fact that she was gone and will never get to see her again. Clips of memories flashing through me causing a major glitch in my system.
This is the only exception, the occurrence of death, that I would certainly miss someone when he/she passes away, not literally, okay?
So will I be right if I say I don't miss people like my high school buddies because I know for a definite fact that they're still here? In this mortal realm? Everyone I deem close to me is still alive and kicking. I just can't find the concrete reason to miss them.
But, you know what, Doc? You really don't have to prescribe something to me, I just realized. Missing a loved one is depressing it'll leave a pang in your heart, right? I bet I'm fortunate enough that I wasn't endowed with such emotional, sentimental incapability or whatsoever. Because If I were, I'd be the saddest man alive!
See you, Doc! Thanks!
Epilogue: The doctor then thought, "You may be free from being emotionally distressed due to missing people, but with that comes your incapability to feel a unique kind of joy that rush of nice feelings upon seeing a loved one whom you haven't seen or been with for the longest time."
No comments:
Post a Comment