I see myself as a person overflowing with hundreds and millions of thoughts running, circling around my head. If there is one thing I've learned in life, it is to value my writing skills. I started writing when I was twelve, way back in grade school, that was a daily writing journal; a major requirement for my english class. It wasn't in my vocabulary to write back then. Until my teacher recognized my hidden talent, she sings a wild-overwhelming praises to me for the good writing skills I've ever shown, at that time I didn't know if it was a mockery but that was the time when the winds of change flashed into my being. I exalted my writing skills till then. It was through the use of reading materials like newspapers, journals, magazines and any other reading paraphernalia.
I used to write a lot of short stories, poems, essays and the like back in high school and now in my early college year. I used to become the Associate Editor of our school publication (during high school), it was a bit frustrating to mention and I don't want to explain and elaborate why, because constant words seems to elude it but anyway, there's nothing sleazy about it. I also used to join different Essay Writing Contest and Campus Journalism from the vicinity of the school to the complex inter-school competition in any sort of language, I mean it could be English or Filipino. Yes, I could be bilingual. And the best part of the aforementioned competition/contest was when I brought home the bacon and the pride to school in relation to myself. I really missed those days.
But hey, I had my recent award last March 5, 2010. I won the First Place Award; it was an essay writing competition all over the school from the first years to the fifth years' students. There were a lot of students participated. I routed them all even the candidates for Latin Honors, I also defeated them judging from the fact that I am only first year student. I was overwhelmed at that time, and my Prof. said that I scored 99% over the 100%, that was astonishing, right? A then-impressive score! That was one of the things I can brag about to my future offspring/s when I grow old and even to my family, relatives and friends.
It's amazing how this skills fondle through my entire being. I've been blessed and would always be grateful to the Lord for giving me such, more than I expected. I will treasure this throughout my life.
"Writing is my elixir that keeps me sane whatever feelings I might be having."

No comments:
Post a Comment