Monday, May 16, 2011

An Open Letter to You

Dear You,

It’s been a while now since you went away. Everything seems to be happening so fast and I can hardly keep on track. Time flies like a dove the way people recklessly come and go. As I scribble this down I think of you, I can’t help to ask myself these questions: “How are you now? What are you doing? Are you already sleeping? Do you still think of me the way I often do? Are you happy the way I’ve wished you to be?” All answers to these queries are just mere assumptions. I have a bad habit of assuming things. But I don’t really blame myself, everything’s pure read-between-the-lines now; all self-inflicted meanings to all these unintentional questions — and no more blatant expressions of the stark truth of what you are feeling. I know I don’t have the sole authority to simply ask you these, it’s over between us and sometimes I forget to remind myself. Forgive me I just can’t sleep every time I come to think of you, of what we had, just like now. I’d like to sleep it all behind but I can’t, not just yet. I’m just happy to think that what I had (however fleeting) for you is real, which I wished you gave me too. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bitter anymore, because you are now with what you really wanted and the decision I made for you was all worth it. I just have to be real that sometimes people in our arms, between our fingers, we'll somehow eventually lose every bit of them like sand dripping out of our hands. But still they left a feeling that something we once felt.

It’s been a while now since you went away and if some distant place we see one another in our new lives, I’ll smile at you blissfully and remember the days how we spent happy moments together, learning from each other, hand on hand, bit by bit growing in love. Maybe that moment you’ve finally found the one that suits you best. I guess it won’t matter anymore, because we’ll both be glad and happy for what has become of us.

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment