Writing is more than a tool of expression to me. It’s more than just words placed in a perfected order that tells tales of my heart. More than just a way to watch the troubles of my soul dissolve into a sea far greater than my own understanding. It is like watching aspirin dissolve in a glass to the point where it ceases to exist. And just like aspirin writing takes my pains away. You see writing has become a relationship. Writing is to my heart what a therapist is to the human psyche.
However like all relationships every now and again there are cracks that form, it begins to wither and wilt as one begins to learn that it no longer needs the other. I’m finding myself lost amongst the words I used to so freely yield. Sometimes it feels as though words can no longer convey the struggles of my heart. And maybe I’m coming to realize that I trust in words far too much. When what I really need is to learn to trust in people again. Something deep in me tells me that I ought to strengthen my relationships with the people in my life rather than trying to understand it all through the medium of words. It seems I can write to my hearts content until I begin to feel better, but those words will never hug and hold me to give me the comfort I really seek.
No comments:
Post a Comment