Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Final Chapter Where I Begin

I always knew that one day you would no longer be in my life, that one day you would have to leave. Everybody's leaving. Who doesn't? But I never really expected it to be so soon. I just hoped you would linger for a while longer. I used to wonder if there even existed the words to say goodbye to you. How do you say goodbye to someone who’s been the rising sun in an otherwise darkened world?

You know part of me longs to hear you say that you don’t care, that you never cared, that you’ll never think of me again. That I won’t be missed, that my name will cease to mean anything to you. That I won’t even exist in your memories. Because hearing that would be far easier than having to accept that I won’t get to see you, hear your voice, hug you or hold you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment