Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fare Thee Well

When you’re gone, I’ll miss a thousand things and more.

I’ll miss how your hand feels on mine, and how you always seem to make my heart leap. I’ll miss your eyes, how they say I love you in sweet silence, unspoken yet felt deeply. I’ll miss your voice, the songs you sing, how it brushes away a day’s worth of stress and tiredness. I’ll miss your crooked smile, the funny faces you make, and the sound of your laughter. I’ll miss how your lips trace the three words I always want to hear, how your lips trace my lips knowingly, skillfully. I’ll miss the curve of your lips, your mouth, your salty skin, and your warm breath. I’ll miss our almost daily dates, our favorite coffee drinks and coffee stores, and all our favorite places. I’ll miss our weekend routine, the drunken nights together, the good times with our friends. I’ll miss everything about you, one by one, bit by bit, detail by detail, inch by inch. I’ll miss making love with you on cold rainy nights, while we wait for the mornings full of countless kisses and smiles. I’ll miss the television shows we watched together, the movies we’ve loved and hated, the songs we played repeatedly, over and over and over.

Most of all, when you’re gone, I’ll miss having someone to love, and having someone to love me back, with the greatest love I’ve ever felt, ever.

When you’re gone, I’ll miss you so much I won’t ever try to forget one bit, no matter how much pain it’ll cost me.

When you’re gone, I’ll miss you, just you, always, every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment