And between that time when you and I became us, and to that time when us became you and I, were moments that were all too similar in a storybook, in a fairytale, in fiction — where everything felt so unreal, magical, and out of context with reality…
…when every kiss was a fairy Godmother in sight; when every I love you was a someday-you-will-come prince that kisses you awake, bringing you back to life; when every second you held my hand was a victory over the evil witch, or the untamed dragon, or the big, bad wolf
— in that ever surreal time between being half-asleep and being half-awake, in time for lucid dreams that you and I both, will remember until we age and die, in separate ways, the ghost of a thousandfold memories back,
will I ever end up ending our story, with the same visceral clichéd line: …and they lived happily ever after?
No comments:
Post a Comment