I absolutely believe that love is a word most people abuse. I don’t like how society defines love these days, or teenagers for the most part, where they’ve been together for about two weeks and believe that s/he is in love and s/he is “the one”. (Then next thing you know you find out that they broke up after a month or two.) Love doesn’t mean someone to have just so you won’t be alone, or lonely, or in short, so you won’t be single. I believe that taking a girl to the movies once just so you can go to first base is something a real man would do. Not just a mere sugarcoated text messages. I don’t believe in falling for someone because of their looks, or money, or valuable things that would only benefit you. That's not love in the end, and it won't last forever. I don’t believe in using someone, saying the right words like “I love you” just so they would fall into your trap. That's lame I supposed. I don’t believe in giving your virginity to someone you’ve only known for days. I believe that love that transcends sex. That love beyond the rationale of our five senses, our reason, our logic, our ideals, and our philosophies still exist.
I absolutely believe in the kind of romantic love that will send you sky high without smoking any drugs.
I believe in courting, in asking her parents for permission on going out, making sure that she gets home safely and just in time. That's the art of courting and is now slowly becoming a lost art. I believe in creating love letters—constructing words that, though it may not be perfectly manifested, you mean every single constructed sentences you put in it. That's also the art which is eventually becoming obsolete. I believe in taking a girl out and seeing the world together. To go have picnics during the day, appreciating the little things like warmth given by the sun, or the cold wind that blows through the trees, or simply the cook-to-perfection pasta you both just ate. I believe in stargazing under the sky and making up your own constellations because the sky is too vast to memorize its whole patterns. I believe in sitting down and just talking to each other for the whole day, or at least till you both run out of things to talk about. I believe in cruising around town, and feeding each other in the car. I believe in love at first, and in every sight.
As simple as holding hands with the person you love and feeling completely happy, that you could die at that moment and be okay with it. Love, it has to be something more than just the desire to go out to places. It’s also the desire to get to know one another, to actually fall in love. Love transcends distance, faith, regret, guilt. Love transcends pain, deceit, and shame. The act of ultimate devotion and the complete retreat. The complete loss for the ultimate gain.
Most people just sees love like it’s trees in a forest.
Love. Don’t just throw the word around like it means so little.
No comments:
Post a Comment