I want to be that guy who would take you at the center of the mall and waltz you in a mindless melody that only us can hear. I would not mind if random strangers stared at us in either odd glares or jealous gazes — I have you, and that’s all that matters. I want to be the guy who would always treat you like royalty, wherever we might be at.
I want to be that guy who would lie at night beside you on an empty road, roleplaying a scene from our favorite guilty-pleasure movie (The Notebook), and laugh like two crazy people madly in love with each other. When a car comes, we can make them all stop and pour out their annoyance through endless beeps of their car honkers, and we’ll stay there like we can make time stand still. Because being with you makes me feel like time is a stupid concept of measurement, because it just doesn’t feel like it’s too long or too short. It would always feel that time spent with you is all the time I could get in the world.
I also want to be that guy who would wear a matching shirt with you, and display it with utter conviction, not feeling a speck of shame in front of a crowd. I want to be that guy who would spend the day thinking of you when you’re not there, being with you when you are, and dreaming of you when I’m asleep. I’d be the guy who’d give you kisses instead of roses, hugs instead of sweets; and, in that way, I can prevent you from being swarmed by wilted materialistic symbol of my promise of love and an ill reminder of a cavity-filled set of your precious smile.
I will always want to be that guy who would give you a piggy back ride if you wanted one, and race with you on an empty sidewalk lane. I’d let you win one hundred percent of the time, just because I want to see you smile that no-one-can-compare-with smile when you feel the taste of triumph. I would cook for you when we’re at home, kiss you in between the process, and serve you a V.I.P. first class meal.
I want to be that guy who would serenade you in front of your friends, even with the off-key notes and all… I will never care. All I want you to have from me is an outpouring of my deepest feelings and emotions… and that is all that I can offer you, as a matter of fact. I would study with you when we share the same breaks, I would hold you close to me when it rains so you don’t get wet under the shade of one tiny umbrella. I want to be the reason of your every smile, and would want to contain you in my hourly/minute-ly/second-ly thoughts, to what extent my brain could permit.
I will be that guy who would call in the middle of the night just to check if you’re feeling well, run in drop-dead worry if you’re having a slight fever, and share your tears when you feel sad about something. I will be that guy who would argue with our differences, laugh at our coincidental common interests, and smile about all the in-betweens.
I will be that guy who will thank God He has brought me here to meet you. To share life with you. To love you like no one else could love you.
I promise you, if I ever meet you later … or sooner (I hope) I will do more than all of this fancy blurt outs of romantic gestures. I will be more than the guy you have been waiting for, and exceed every expectation you have had in mind.
I will promise you, that, now… tomorrow, and always: I will love you truly at the bottom of my very heart and soul, with no doubts and fears, because I just do.
No comments:
Post a Comment